Therapy is the Art of Finding Treasure in People
I really enjoy being a therapist. Early in my career life I felt called to help others find healing and growth in their lives. Having the opportunity to see people experience positive life transformation is truly fulfilling. I welcome the opportunity to work with you.
Aside from being a therapist, I love to foster creativity through art and writing. You can often find me enjoying a nature hike, sea glass hunting, learning something new, and drinking tea in cafes. I also enjoy being with my husband, seeing family, and have a red poodle named Jasper who entertains us on an on-going basis.
- M.S. in Marriage and Family Counseling ~ SFSU
- University of the Nations (YWAM), Hawaii
- Biblical Studies ~ Simpson Bible College
I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and have been practicing for many years. Currently, I am director of Christian Counseling Centers, San Francisco. The following is a brief snapshot of some of my training and work experience:
- Director of Christian Counseling Centers, San Francisco
- EMDR certified
- Completion of all levels of Training in the Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Completed training with the Gottman Institute to be a “7 Principles for Making Marriage Work” Educator
- Emerson Eggerich’s “Love & Respect” Workshop
- Timothy Keller’s “Meaning of Marriage” Series
- Group counselor with New Life, “Healing is a Choice”
- Emotionally Focused Therapy: “Love as an Attachment Bond”, Sue Johnson
- “Healing from Loss and Abandonment”, Claudia Black
- Group counselor with The Couples Institute in Menlo Park at one of their intensive weekends.
- 15 continuous years’ work with Employee Assistance Program in a major institution in San Francisco’s high-stress financial sector, has given me exposure to issues relevant to the work environment.